Sunday, December 09, 2007

My rant on the challenges with Google and Blogger

While I had mentioned in the past that I don't have the time to keep this up to date, I have been even more remiss in posting. Why you wonder? Because ever since Google purchased Blogger - it has been impossible for me to figure out what to do. After at least a couple of hours - I am up and running again. It is not because the switch over isn't a good thing - there are more options now with Blogger such as "categories". It is not because the instructions where complicated - it was straight forward once I realized that I had to sign into the old account and then switch over. I take responsibility for that confusion.

IT WAS BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT I TRIED I COULDN'T GET BLOGGER IN ANYTHING BUT GERMAN. In attempts to be so efficient, even when I typed in google.com - it would recognize my ISP as coming from Switzerland and insist on redirecting me to google.ch I didn't see this for some time and when I did it took me awhile to find the place where it would actually take me to the .com So now I know the challenges but I am still not sure how to get around it on a daily basis. I have given up on going to blogs managed by Blogger because, again it insist that I want to read it in German. Strange when you thing that Switzerland has four official languages including Italian and French. How come they are an option? Not that I really want to read the post in anything but English (not an official language) but even my French is better than my German.

Imagine travelling to another country that doesn't speak English. You sign on with your laptop and go to www.Blogger.com and who know what you will get. Sometimes in the effort to be customer focus - they just plain screw up.

On a totally different note . . . am I the only one that can't ever type in the word verification properly the first time? In fact it usually takes me twice - especially if there is a g or q - which I always seem to misread.

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home